<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 13, 2003

Mamaia was lonely. Nobody invited her to any Thanksgiving parties and she's been living here all along. At least I had an invitation from Vancouver Karen. I have been feeling really dumb today but poor Mamaia is worse. She walks very slowly and she wheezes when she breathes.

I phoned to ask if she needs me to drive her to the Superstore. But Superstore is closed on Thanksgiving. (Save On Foods, my prefered supermarket, is open until midnight.) I had planned to visit Mamaia anyhow but I needed to rush off to Michael's before 6 PM. Just as I was about to run out the door, she called and said she wants to take me to a movie.

"What do you want to see?" I asked.

"Anything, as long as there are no aliens."

Mamaia wanted to see Mambo Italiano and I agreed to see it again. When we were standing in the theatre line-up, Serge and Michelle appeared behind us. They were off to see Kill Bill. I wanted to see that too and suddenly so did Mamaia. She likes action movies. I am not sure if she's heard of Tarantino, though. I imagine she prefers the more old-fashioned action movies with Stallone & that freak Austrian governor. Finally we decided on Mambo Italiano.

I didn't laugh this second time. It is definitely a one-time movie. And they cut out the cute scene when Angelo and Gino are in the tent - censorship for the suburbs?

Mamaia whispered that Luke Kirby has nice eyes, "like a girl." And as we were walking out, she said, "See? That Gino guy switched back to being normal." I pointed out that he was still very gay and referred to the last camping scene.

Comments: Post a Comment

Archives

Categories


Coming soon?

Most Commented
Yuck.
Me vs. Kwik-E-Mart


Animals

Asia

Cartoons

Etc