<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Allison decked her halls. This is the only major holiday we have, she explained. Halloween is dwindling, Easter is too religious. We have to go all out because we have nothing else to celebrate.

Unlike Romanians.

I am only a half-baked Romanian and I have 10 chances to receive presents during the year: my name day on January 7, Valentine's Day, March 1st (Martisoara), International Women's Day on March 8th, the Romanian traditional Valentine's Day at the end of March, Easter, my birthday, my other name day on August 15, St. Nicholas Day on December 6th and Christmas. I have never lucked out to receive anything on all these days in a single year - but only because I am not entirely Romanian.

Comments: Post a Comment

Archives

Categories


Coming soon?

Most Commented
Yuck.
Me vs. Kwik-E-Mart


Animals

Asia

Cartoons

Etc