<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 21, 2003

I arrived nearly without incident in Chicago and I am making Geneva, Illinois my home for the next two weeks. Well, there are a lot of American flags around here. There are holes in the road. The "Chicago Welcomes You" signs at the airport include the name of the current mayor. There are tolls with sullen attendants that charge 40 cents. White men here are really into Asian women (rather passe now in Vancouver). People string giant festoons of pine branches across their houses. Apartment rent is astronomical. Heck! Everything is expensive here. People don't smile much here (the media fear described in Bowling for Columbine?). Not many Asian people here in Geneva. Some stores I've never seen before, like White Hen Pantry.

And, on top of it all, I am back in front of a damned Japanese keyboard.

Comments: Post a Comment

Archives

Categories


Coming soon?

Most Commented
Yuck.
Me vs. Kwik-E-Mart


Animals

Asia

Cartoons

Etc