<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 26, 2004

When writing about Anisoara's health conditions, I realized that I cannot spell hemorraghing. There, even now I messed it up.

Few words get the better of me. But hemorrhaging is a nasty cutthroat hiding in the shadows outside of vocabulary's tavern.

I memorize hemorrhaging by writing it out over a few times:

"Dengue fever, much like Ebola, makes mice and men alike to go a-hemorrhaging."

"I nearly wasted away as a result of nasal hemorrhaging."

"Doctor, can't you stop that bobcat from hemorrhaging all over the fine china?"

Each sentence confuses me more. From whence two Rs? Was that H always so awfully mobile?

This is a job for mnemonics.

Like Mrs. Vandertramp for French learners, mnemonics helped me memorize the Mohs Scale.

Talc + gypsum + calcite + fluorite + apatite + orthoclase + quartz + topaz + corundum + diamond = Those girls can flirt and other queer things can do.

Or:

Talc + gypsum + calcite + fluorite + apatite + orthoclase + quartz + topaz + corundum + diamond = Tall gyroscopes can fly apart, orbiting quickly to complete disintegration.

Hemorrhaging thus becomes:

Hirsute
Elephants
Might
Often
Resemble
Radishes,
Having
Aped
Gorillas
In
Nocturnal
Gourds

Other suggestions welcome.

Comments: Post a Comment

Archives

Categories


Coming soon?

Most Commented
Yuck.
Me vs. Kwik-E-Mart


Animals

Asia

Cartoons

Etc