<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Sister: Do you have any books by Russian writers?

Me: I have a copy of Chekhov's Three Sisters downstairs.

Sister: I don't feel like plays. Do you have any Gide?

Me: He's not Russian, he's French.

Sister: I no longer feel like Russian writers. I want a philosopher.

Me: There's Aristotle. There's also The Last Days of Socrates. That must be fun.

Sister: Ulai told me to avoid Sartre, Joyce, and Kafka.

Me: I hate Kafka. I did slog through Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. Started Ulysses. Here, try Simone de Beauvoir's Memoirs of a Dutiful Daughter.

In the end, tonight's bedtime reading was that diary of the French prostitute who married the Romanian arsitocrat. Me? Either The Food of Japan or some travel disaster article.

Comments: Post a Comment

Archives

Categories


Coming soon?

Most Commented
Yuck.
Me vs. Kwik-E-Mart


Animals

Asia

Cartoons

Etc