<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dream Journey 


Monday, October 04, 2004

In my dream this morning, I got off the plane at Narita airport with only my queen-size mattress. No luggage, no purse, no passport. I left the airport without any ID checks; I got on the JR Train to Tokyo, 65 km, no payment, struggling with my giant mattress.

In Tokyo, I transferred through numerous stations until I got to Ueno Station. Then I wandered through the massive Ueno Station, with my mattress, until I got to the Takasaki Line platform.

I got off at Kita Kounosu Station because that is actually closer to the Burial Mound Park than Gyoda Station is. The drive from Kita Kounosu Station is only fifteen minutes. I had no money, so I walked, in the dark, for an hour or so. After a year and a half, even in my dream, I knew the way.

At the 7-Eleven on the road that dissects the Burial Mound Park, I crossed the street, went through the parking lot, past the Buddhist temple and its cemetery. I couldn't wait for my homecoming. I left on April 1st, 2003, in the wee hours. Funny how the mattress never seemed really heavy.

I opened the restaurant door: they changed the inside. I squeezed the mattress through the small door somehow. To my left, I saw Mrs. I and her daughter and granddaughter.

"I am back!" I said happily. "Where is JJ?"

Mrs. I did not smile and pointed behind me. JJ was around the living room table (it hadn't changed) with all his friends.

I smiled at him. "I returned and I love you!"

He didn't say anything for a moment. Then a meniscus of tears appeared on his eyelids.

"Get out," he said.

Comments: Post a Comment

Archives

Categories


Coming soon?

Most Commented
Yuck.
Me vs. Kwik-E-Mart


Animals

Asia

Cartoons

Etc