<$BlogRSDUrl$>

National Novel Writing Blog 


Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Twenty dollars is how much Pugshot bet me. If I write at least 10,000 words of a novel, Pugshot owes me twenty US dollars. If Pugshot wins, I owe Pugshot the twenty dollars.

I know, I know, it should be 50,000 words. But look, I'll be starting on November 3rd, not November 1st. Everyone else will have a head start.

Besides, I managed 4,000 words in 2002 and 2,000 words in 2003. 10,000 is a longshot for me, therefore a suitable goal.

To further cheat - no! no! - I meant to further increase audience involvement, I will be selling prime real estate in my novel. Please submit your words.

I guarantee that your words will make leading role and cameo appearances in my novel.

Right now I am thinking of a novel about a mad scientist in a lightbulb factory (plenty of piranhas!) or a novel about a travelling vampire carnival (lots of sullen things wearing black!). You know, the sort of topics an editor once told me she hates getting.

Comments: Post a Comment

Archives

Categories


Coming soon?

Most Commented
Yuck.
Me vs. Kwik-E-Mart


Animals

Asia

Cartoons

Etc