Still researching the cockroach article:
- Befriended a doctor's receptionist over the phone who wants to join me on my roach forays at Chinese pharmacies.
- One Chinese pharmacist I visited also turns out to be a fortune-teller; he refused to divulge any secrets about my future but gave me his card to make an appointment for consultation.
- The guy who runs the SFU invertebrate library invited me over for a visit.
- A friend's mom told me that she remembers roaches being barbecued curbside in Hong Kong during the Sixties.
- This same friend's mom told me she had roach broth as a cure for her coughing - it tastes salty. (The other cure for sore throats is still-warm one-year-old male urine.)
I decided to take my research in a different direction and see if anyone
out there eats roaches. My curiosity went too far. I really didn't need to know that there is a cockroach porn video
. You didn't either.