<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Stuffy Star 


Wednesday, January 04, 2006

You've probably had it. It's one of those colds where you feel as if someone dripped water into your ears.

The Romanian cure is to douse cotton balls with rubbing alcohol and stuff the soaked balls into your ears. Which is exactly the state I am in now.

Not only is the world kept at a comfortable muffled distance, I am high on the smell of rubbing alcohol. It's like a three-in-one bonus. Three, because I also seem to feel better.

There's no Romanian cure for this type of dry throat - today's coughing bouts drew blood - yet on the kitchen counter sits a bottle of black cherry-flavoured vodka. Prudence recommends a hot cup of tea and an early bedtime. Hmm, tea or vodka, who will win?

Through the haze of cold, I am buoyed by a piece of good news. As the "star candidate," I got me a spiffy new job. Though I am sad to leave my current museum, the time has come to take this rare opportunity in one of British Columbia's biggest community museums. Plus, I am really honoured to be called the "star candidate." I just like the sound of that on the tongue. Now to work up to that reputation. Then, next stop, master's degree.

Comments: Post a Comment

Archives

Categories


Coming soon?

Most Commented
Yuck.
Me vs. Kwik-E-Mart


Animals

Asia

Cartoons

Etc