<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's a Tumour 


Saturday, February 18, 2006

At least she enjoyed her field trip out to the vet.

The vet was too busy to see Crenguţă. I really liked this vet when she treated my previous hamster Anişoara, who died of cancer in 2004. The vet oohed and aahed over my darling; anyone who likes hamsters this much guarantees quality hamster care. Also, she didn't coerce me to put the girl to sleep but offered me the option of giving her painkillers until her time came.

It's too bad this vet hires the meanest receptionists. After Anişoara died, this one receptionist continued to irritate me for weeks. She was ugly to boot. I thought you can't double whammy yourself with both mean and ugly. She must have missed that class. I wrote a story about her, avenging my wounded pride by hoisting a bitter lovelife on her. (The story was published. If you want to read it, let me know.)

I changed vets.

The new vet took Crenguţă out of the room. When they returned, he confirmed that the disfiguring bump was a tumour. A needle prick had brought out no liquid so he ruled out the abcess.

What this means is that the Gootz needs an operation. It's a risky procedure for a hamster. Throw in anaesthetics and there is the chance she might not pull through. Heck, the cancer could be malignant and another tumour might be lying elsewhere in wait, negating the first tumour's removal.

With the biopsy, it is around two hundred dollars.

I will of course ask that they give me back the tumour once they're through with it. Some lucky wedding guest is going to have the wedding favour of a lifetime!

Comments: Post a Comment

Archives

Categories


Coming soon?

Most Commented
Yuck.
Me vs. Kwik-E-Mart


Animals

Asia

Cartoons

Etc