<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Edible Women 


Thursday, June 01, 2006

For the inaugural meeting of my newly-formed bookclub, MaikoPunk, Matt and I will be eating cake to celebrate Margaret Atwood's first published novel and our first club pick, The Edible Woman. The cake, of course, will be shaped like a woman.

"That could be tough to follow up for future books," says Matt. "If most book titles were interpreted literally, it would be tragic at best."

"Have you killed the salesman yet?"
"No, he's still struggling, but I'll have it done before the meeting."

Comments:
fun!!! Tastey too!
And where are the lines from that are in the box? Is that a book title too? It kind of reminds me of "So long and thanks for all the fishes."
P.S.S. Thanks for the e-mail. I'm also very tardy with returning news. I know you know how that goes. :-)
 
Cool!

I decided I needed to start in on Margaret Atwood, too. I was recently browsing my mother's bookshelves, looking for my next batch of borrowings -- I was tempted by The Edible Woman, but settled on The Handmaid's Tale, which I'm enjoying very much (though the blurb said it's a "departure" for Atwood, so I guess I still don't know what she's really like).

Anyway, enjoy!
 
LJ: The lines are from a quote by Matt.

Bluewyvern: The Handmaid's Tale is my next Atwood undertaking. I took all the wrong classes in university and missed it.
 
Post a Comment

Archives

Categories


Coming soon?

Most Commented
Yuck.
Me vs. Kwik-E-Mart


Animals

Asia

Cartoons

Etc