<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Zombie Update 


Monday, April 02, 2007

Ok, ok, I am calming down from the news.

28 Days Later has a sequel. 28 Weeks Later is coming out in the next month. Yay! More zombies! Er, more zombie-like* induced armageddons! Yay!

You can see the trailer here. Ha ha. More humans get it. Features lots of running around by protagonists, with no really secure place to hide.

Just as pleasing is that there are at least four other zombie movies at some stage of production or script work right now:
  • reader input requested for the second draft of the Autumn script;
  • a Dawn of the Dead remake sequel called Army of the Dead;
  • Diary of the Dead, a new George Romero one that goes back to the first, low level zombie outbreak (as seen in Night of the Living Dead), this time following around a group of film students;
  • Day of the Dead, which is presumably a remake of Romero's 1985 Day of Dead and starring the Dawn of the Dead remake's Ving Rhames;
  • a scriptwriter is doing a go-over on World War Z, written by Mel Brooks' son Max (who is, of course, the author of the Zombie Survival Guide).
To tide me over for when these movies come out, my DVD player has been regurgitating the original Romero trilogy and I've been revisiting the remake Dawn of the Dead on Youtube. This week my favourites are Tumble-weed Studios remake dubs. The hilarious episodes are here, then here and the latest installation here. Thanks to Proxy Indian.

Over Christmas, I read David Wellington's novels Monster Island and Monster Nation, and Brian Keene's The Rising and City of the Dead. While I'm not a big fan of talking zombies, I appreciate that the zombies at least shambled about. My really big fear is thinking zombies that can run. That's a no-no. Anyhow, I have a review written on these books in one of my journals that I can't locate. I'll probably find it some time in the next six months.

PS I bought a house. It can be zombie-proofed in about half an hour.


*The infected in 28 Days Later are not technical Hollywood zombies (i.e. flesh-eating ghouls). They are not Caribbean zombies (i.e. people enslaved by magic). The 28 Days Later infected are simply crazy homicidal maniacs (boo). But they do run amok and turn everyone they bite into one of them (scary!).

**Zombie movies need to stop recycling zombie movie names.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Thanks for checking on updates to the scary dub!!! You know, zombie movies scare more crap out of me than any other monsters.
 
A very trusted fellow reader recently urged me to get a copy of The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova and told me to push it up to the front of my reading list. I ordered the book immediately and eagerly wait its arrival, and since it appears to be right up your alley, I am passing the good word onwards---tho no doubt, if this read is truly worth its salt, you have already been there, done that....

FYI-I plan to ride my motorcycle up your way this summer on a solo ride, so you may find me wandering thru you museum one days asking for you.
 
Mr. Proxy Indian: yes, zombies scare me too. What makes them different from vampires - which I find boring in their romantic posturing - or werewolves - I ditched my Little Red Riding Hood fears back in high school, heck, where do you even find wolves these days? Humans, though, are abundant and can easily be driven into lemming-like frenzies.

I love the dub, btw! I mean to comment on your zombie post through a post of my own. But it will take some research and I need time for that, maybe even to watch a few more zombie movies.

Lyn: I have heard so much about the Historian and coworkers are also telling me to read it. It's on my list, sometime in the distant future. I calculated that at my rate of reading (one book in three weeks), I am tied up with reading for the next 15 months.

So you'll be visiting soon - I have a lot of questions to ask you.
 
Wow, that's a lot of Zombie movies. Thanks for posting...I'm actually excited by the 28 Days sequel. The first was a great movie.

I've heard, btw, that the Robert Rodriguez contribution to the new film Grindhouse is also a zombie movie. Haven't seen it yet, so I don't know for sure.
 
Oddly enough, Hebdomeros, the only Rodriguez film I've seen is From Dusk Til Dawn. I am not sure about Grindhouse - the one trailer I saw wasn't too clear on the kinds of zombies portrayed and it seemed more of a Rose McGowan movie than a zombie movie.
 
Congrats on the new house! Now, does it take just half an hour to zombie-proof it permanently before you move in, or do you have half an hour after hearing of an impending zombie attack to get ready for it?
 
Thanks for the congratulations, Bluewyvern. As for zombie-proofing the place, it would take half an hour of destroying the wooden stairs leading up to the front door, and then using the stairs to bar the windows a la Night of the Living Dead. Won't win me any awards in interior designing, but I still think I'll be the only survivor with any taste. Besides, I figure that when we humans rebuild the world, my superior aesthetic taste will eventually be in demand again. ;)
 
Post a Comment

Archives

Categories


Coming soon?

Most Commented
Yuck.
Me vs. Kwik-E-Mart


Animals

Asia

Cartoons

Etc